Saturday, September 29, 2012

More Vintage Finds

Over the last couple of months, I've added a few more mid-century treasures to our home.  The first is thanks to my mother and the thrift store near her house.  This sofa was only $49!  Although I do like the fabric, it has seen better days and is faded and stained.  I'd like to get it recovered at some point.

 
This coffee table was $8, a find from a tour of part of The World's Longest Yard Sale.

 These Boling "Changebak" chairs were free!  They had been sitting under a covered entrance to one of our church buildings for several years, and I finally asked if they were being used by anyone.  Since they were not needed, the church was happy to have someone take them.  I am currently sanding them down for a fresh coat of stain.
 Lastly, a ceramic and wood table lamp ($2), a set of 6 Vera linen napkins ($3), and part of a set of Youngstown cabinets.  This cabinet is part of a set that had to be split up a bit since I didn't have space for all of the pieces.  I do have one other cabinet with an extended top and a separate table complete with hairpin legs.  My parents kept 2 of the cabinets, so they're all in the family at least.
 A closeup of the napkins and the boomerang top of the cabinet.
 

I can't wait to go treasure hunting again!

No comments:

Post a Comment