Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sunscreen

Just when I think I have a product that is supposed to be safe, I read that some of the ingredients are not acceptable to some companies or users.  One such ingredient is oxybenzone, a common sunscreen ingredient that is said to disrupt the endocrine system and/or be potentially damaging to the reproductive system.  Another ingredient is vitamin A which sounds like a good additive, but is said to be a possible cancer causing agent.
In my quest to find paraben free, cruelty free, and less toxic sunscreens the key is affordability.  There are sunscreens out there that are supposedly better for you than others, but also cost a small fortune.  For now I am going to try Nature's Gate Aqua Block
Sure, a lot of this may be hype and a way to steer folks like me to new and more expensive products, but I figure if I can find something that is supposed to be more safe for my children, I am likely to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment