Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Amazon Kindle

One of my favorite electronic devices is getting another upgrade.  Today Amazon announced that several new versions of the Kindle are going to be released, including a color version, the Kindle Fire.  A huge plus is that the price for all of the new Kindles is even more affordable than before.  I'm not sure how I feel about the Kindle Fire for reading as it does not have e-ink, but it certainly looks nice for the other features it offers that are comparable to other touch pads.
I've had my Kindle for about a year now and have loved reading on it.  I thought I would miss the feel of holding a book, but the convenience of being able to hold it and turn the page with one hand is wonderful.  I actually put it away for a month or so after I got it because I wasn't sure how I would like using it, but once I got it out and started using it, I rarely put it away.
One thing I do miss about reading on my Kindle is that I don't get to see the cover art very easily.  The new Kindle Touch appears to have addressed this issue, and on the product page it shows the cover art of the books in your library.

No comments:

Post a Comment